Commercial Loan Underwriter
Up to £38,000 + Benefits
A growing Banking Institute my client is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Loan Underwriter to join their successful team. It is essential you have a background in commercial funding obtained within a lending institution.
- Undertake thorough credit assessment of all new and renewal loan applications, recommending steps to mitigate credit risk where appropriate.
- Liaise with clients to obtain accurate and timely information to ensure credit recommendations and decisions are based on sound and up to date information.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate records of risk exposure to ensure accuracy in considering loan applications.
- Ensure the procedures laid down in the Bank's Commercial Credit Policy are followed at all times, including reporting of exceptions to lending policy.
- Adopt a process of continual improvement for all credit consideration processes in order to minimise risk.
- Develop systems, processes and procedures to identify deteriorating credit positions and work with the Commercial Underwriting Manager to appropriately manage risk.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Bank's Business Development and Sales Teams and provide guidance where necessary.
- Prepare regular management information reports
- Oversee the maintenance of credit records, working closely with team members to meet the requirements of banking regulation, Corporate Audit and Corporate Compliance.