Business Performance / MI Analyst – Asset Finance
£30,000 to £45,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a well established but growing and highly regarded Financial Services Group with an excellent reputation for providing flexible and innovative lending solutions across a range of markets.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the provision of actionable insight to specific business areas, delivering the information strategy that supports the business in achieving objectives. This entails engaging with the business to understand requirements; documenting requirements & agreeing timescales; the design, creation and testing of reports; developing an expert understanding of Excel and Oracle OBIEE report writing.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building relationships with business area heads and managers (our customers), and partner with them, being their main point of contact for delivery of insight
• Build an in depth knowledge of their customers’ purpose, critical success factors, and processes. The Business Performance Analyst will develop an understanding of the key performance drivers of those business areas, their objectives, and their challenges.
• Develop relevant, reliable, actionable insights, using appropriate tools, including (but not limited to) OBIEE and Excel. Analyse the information and communicate key insights and trends.
• Engage with customers to ensure the ongoing introduction and development of new and updated reporting.
• Work with customers to ensure we have fully documented information requirements. Conduct and document MI reviews, in line with agreed timescales, detailing relevant actions that have been/need to be taken by the business owners.
• Identify and implement process/system improvements to enhance efficiency, maximise availability of data, and improve the levels of insight.
• Document all incoming requests and update on the team’s workstack for prioritisation.
The jobholder should be a proactive self-starter, able to work unsupervised, using their own initiative. Experience of working in the asset finance industry, although beneficial, is not essential. However, the jobholder should have 3+ years’ experience working with Oracle OBIEE (or similar BI applications), and possess strong MS Excel skills.
The jobholder will need to demonstrate experience of data extraction, analysis, and data visualisation, working with high standards of accuracy and precision. Must be able to extract key messages from the data, and then clearly communicate to colleagues at all levels, as well as providing own observations, in an engaging, appropriate format
Must be a rationale thinker with the ability to think outside of the box and deliver best practice solutions whilst still maintaining a keen awareness of business requirements.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at email@example.com.