Underwriter - Consumer Lending (6-12 month Fixed Term Contract)
£20k - £27k plus benefits package
Ideally to work Thursday - Monday (although negotiable)
Our client are a long established, and well respected financial services business, with Head Office based in prestigious offices in City Centre Liverpool.
They are undergoing a period of growth and as such are looking to add an experienced underwriter to their existing team.
You will be responsible for assessing new lending applications that are submitted to the company via various introductory sources, working within agreed SLA's .
Key responsibilities include:
- Asses lending risk within a delegated lending mandate
- Make sound recommendations on deals above lending authority
- Effectively communicate decisions to sales teams/introductory sources
- Negotiate alternative terms on proposed business in order to facilitate a deal
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the business
- Contribute ideas for process improvements
- Act with integrity, within FCA and TCF guidelines at all times
- Work within a team environment, which will involve some weekend working
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining quality output. You will have experience gained within a similar underwriting/lending/credit role