Business Development Director
To £50,000 plus uncapped earnings, car, pension, healthcare
Our client are the fastest growing businesses within its sector, and is the largest independent fleet and incident management specialist in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of New Business, the Business Development Manager role offers a great opportunity to join a highly successful business at the outset of a significant growth phase with the opportunity to be an integral part of its future.
Already an accomplished Business Development Manager, you will be attracted to this opportunity to make a real impact in a rapidly growing business.
Field-based and supported by an in-house marketing and commercial team, you will be targeting designated insurers, insurance brokers, vehicle manufacturers, securing visits, building relationships, promoting the business and developing strong support propositions.
• Open doors and create relationships within the core markets.
• Deliver against the annual agreed business objectives and KPIs.
• Continually develop sales presentations outlining key features and benefits to potential new customers – update to counter market trends and competitor activity.
• Ensure knowledge is up to date on all services and products and actively promote within all customers.
• Utilise and update the client database/CRM system maximising the effectiveness for the benefit of the business.
• Promote and actively uphold an environment which supports the company values.
• Adhere to Information Security measures, in order to ensure that all information, commercially sensitive or otherwise, is protected at all times.
• Awareness of the financial and operational performance of the company with the customer to build sustainable new business opportunities.
• Maintain relationships with the key influencers and decision makers within claims sector and effectively develop multi- layer relationships within their business.
• Effectively manage prospect relationships, negotiating new client contracts and ensuring that new business opportunities are effectively implemented.
• Develop robust business cases and external presentations/proposals to engage and influence identified prospects.
• Maintain and develop a robust database of sales prospects within the Salesforce CRM platform, producing and maintaining extensive strategic/tactical/operational account plans /including facilitating, coordinating contact strategy.
A new business sales professional, you will have a proven track record of success in a similar/complimentary environment with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior business development role.
Articulate, intelligent and credible individual with excellent relationship building skills, you will excel in asking the right questions to unearth and accurately capture business opportunities. A natural team player and highly self-motivated, you will be the front-person for the business - working closely with colleagues to deliver sustainable and profitable revenue streams. With outstanding networking skills honed in a technology-enabled, fleet or accident management, insurance service or consultancy business.
Already successful in target-driven, new client acquisition roles, you will be attracted to a young, fast-track business with a portfolio of industry-leading products and services in a market that is evolving rapidly where the scope for impact, success and financial reward is enormous.
If you have the skills and are focussed on developing your sales career then we would like to hear from you.
Send your CV in the first instance to Mark Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.