Vendor Development Manager – Hard Assets
c£55k plus bonus, car and benefits
Our client is an established and rapidly expanding provider of asset finance, supporting SME’s from all sectors across the UK.
As part of current growth, they are looking to appoint a vendor development manager to identify, and secure new vendor relationships – with equipment manufacturers, dealers or distributors. Transactions typically range from £1k to £5m.
• Generate new leads and follow up effectively to maximise new business acquisitions
• Management of the entire sales process from start to close, including management of sales prospect pipeline
• Establish unique lending solutions including new product lines to provide the company with a competitive advantage over others
• Negotiate terms of business, and ensure onboarding of new introducers is within agreed procedures and timeframes
• Build strong relationships with new customers to ensure their understanding of the full product range and value add that the company can provide
• Initial account management of the relationship, prior to handover to support team where appropriate.
• Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
• Key stakeholder management
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of new business acquisition, ideally with vendor contacts in the hard asset space. However we are also keen to speak to candidates with a strong ‘hunting’ background within direct asset finance, or those who may be currently working for capital equipment suppliers/manufacturers – for example within manufacturing/engineering/construction equipment etc.
You will have strong negotiation and solution selling skills, the ability to influence and present at all levels, and strong organisational skills.