Credit Underwriter - Asset Finance
Southampton (will consider home working)
£50,000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is the asset finance subsidiary of a niche banking group and specialises in the provision of asset finance and leading facilities for the truck, trailer, bus, coach and specialist vehicles sectors.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Credit Underwriter to report to the Senior Credit Manager to be responsible for delivering timely credit decisions.
You will be responsible for:
- Underwriting new business applications and deliver timely credit decisions within SLA guidelines and in accordance with Credit policy
- Provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues where new business applications are above the Underwriter's credit mandate
- Ensure annual reviews are completed on time
- Preparation of credit papers for submission
- Support the development and delivery of new business initiatives though identification, assessment and mitigation of credit risks
- Drive continuous improvement activity challenging processes and procedures to deliver optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Build effective relationships within PAF businesses and the Bank and attend customer visits as and when required
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Ensure that online training and regulatory reading is completed on time
- To support and assist the Head of Credit Management and Senior Credit Manager as required
It is essential that you have a proven track record in underwriting within the Asset Finance industry.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.