In this role you will lead, manage and mentor a sanctioning team, act as the business’ central point of contact for all matters associated with credit underwriting, and to create a dynamic and innovative credit function which balances sensible risk-focused decision-making alongside commercial ambition.
You will be accountable to:
• To lead, manage and mentor a credit underwriting team.
• To act as the custodian of the business’ Credit Policy ensuring decisions consider Policy requirements at all times.
• To own the credit approval process across the Invoice and Specialist Finance businesses and ensure that it is understood.
• Promote and demonstrate strong risk focus whilst ensuring an appropriate balance with commercial ambition.
• To ensure timely sanction of facilities within own mandate.
• To work collaboratively with colleagues across the business building strong relationships with new business and relationship management teams.
• To own and maintain ongoing responsibility for the quality of credit applications across the Invoice and Specialist Finance businesses.
• To act as primary owner of credit authorities / mandates and ensure that all business is sanctioned within mandate.
• To ensure training is provided to the business facilitating good quality credit applications and sound knowledge of the credit process.
• To sit as part of the IF & SF Risk Senior Leadership Team and contribute positively and collaboratively to that unit.
To be considered for this role you must have a career background in the Invoice Finance sector with considerable experience in credit underwriting.
In the first instance please email Mark Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07790808904 for a confidential discussion.