Financial Crime Analyst - Asset Finance (Fixed Term Contract)
£35,000 to £40,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a well established specialist Banking provider offering a broad range of tailored financial products. Due to a period of sustained growth they are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Analyst for a fixed term contract of twelve months.
The Financial Crime team is a key function and responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation, analysis and reporting of all suspected and confirmed internal and external financial crime incidents. The role will see you actively working to facilitate Client On-Boarding, reviewing of new and existing clients against AML Policy and Standards.
The successful candidate will provide high quality reviews of clients highlighted and ensure all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place to reduce any risk to the business. Working with the MLRO to agree risk based exceptions will ensuring effective CDD controls.
- Provide high quality reviews of clients highlighted and ensure all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place to reduce any risk to the business. Working with the MLRO to agree risk based exceptions will ensuring effective CDD controls.
- You must be able to demonstrate decision making capabilities, which are commercially sensitive but demonstrate the application of technical AML requirements to live situations ensuring risk sensitive and effective outcomes.
- To support the MLRO/FC Team in ensuring AFG's compliance with Anti Money Laundering requirements
- To investigate referrals made to Financial Crime by staff as well as dealing with legal requests made by Law Enforcement Agencies and Government Departments
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulations relating to Financial Crime
- To be the initial contact point for the business on all issues relating to Money Laundering and Fraud
- Investigate suspicious activity alerts and referrals and analyse the information to determine if there is any money laundering or fraudulent activity
- To make recommendations on money laundering and fraud issues, referring to the Senior Financial Crime Manager where appropriate
- Take responsibility for undertaking CIFAS alerts
- To support the ongoing review of high risk customers including PEP alerts, trigger events etc
- To undertake ad hoc compliance work as required
- Prepare financial crime reports as required
- To work in collaboration with Compliance Advisory, Compliance Monitoring and Legal colleagues to ensure the consistent delivery of regulatory and legislative standards
In the first instance send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at email@example.com.