Head of Credit - Challenger Bank
£120,000 to £140,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
My client is a substantially-backed, established finance company who are about to become a new challenger bank. The bank will be headed up by a really experienced, high profile and highly rated team of professionals.
Their strategy for growth is to deploy innovative technology, excellent systems and processes and great people to become a player in the SME lending space - focus being on asset finance, working capital funding, invoice finance, supplier finance and trade finance.
At this critical stage of evolution, they are keen to employ a high profile credit risk professional to lead the credit function and be Subject Matter Extert across the bank.The role reports to to the Chief Risk Officer and includes the following:
- Overseeing and sanctioning larger-value credit applications.
- Creation and maintenance of the credit risk framework including credit policy, credit risk appetite, sector / product focus, credit management, write off policy and process.
- Maintenance of IFRS 9 models, underlying frameworks and supporting process and procedures.
- Credit risk reporting.
- Assurance of credit risk and underwriting standards.
- Responsible for portfolio management.
- ICAAP and stress testing from the credit risk perspective.
- Leadership of credit risk innovation including automation.
- Deputising for the CRO.
We would like to hear from experienced senior credit risk leaders who have managed similar credit risk functions within SME-focussed lending businesses such as from commercial banking or other similar lending business - asset finance, invoice finance and working capital finance would also be considered.
This is a hands on role which will encompass all aspects therefore requires someone who will be very hands on in their approach. Team fit will also be a key element to being successful.
Please direct all applications and enquiries to Miles Clarke, Director, CBC Resourcing Solutions