Head of Group Risk - Asset Finance - South East - To £85k plus benefits
Our client is a major provider of leasing to the hard and soft asset sector. They are looking to expand their business capabilities offering tailored leasing and finance solutions and require a Head of Group Risk to manager the risk function.
- You will ensure risk provides an efficient response for risk recommendation on proposals, schemes and introductory sources agreement, in line with credit and risk policies, procedures and business strategy within a delegated authority.
- Ensure quality of credit proposal, credit analysis and risk opinion is kept for submission to a higher authority including assessment of compliance of documentation.
- Monitoring of Provisions for accounts in arrears or impaired in line with 4 eyes principle.
- Oversight on the credit process across the business.
- Maintain the Risk governance through Risk Committees, Provision Committees, Intro Source Accreditation and Counterparty Annual Review process.
- Manage a team of credit officers and self-Underwrite transactions, schemes and introductory sources for the business within delegated authorities and turnaround times.
- Ensure team meets expected service levels and self-prepare proposals for submission to a higher authority. Enhance Risk tools as appropriate. Engage with Legal regarding non-standard documentation with and Business Units
- Chair Monthly Provisions Committee and ensure governance met for Risk Committees. 2nd Level controls of Asset Management assessment
- Review new doubtful cases on a monthly basis to establish learning points
- Undertake ad-hoc assessments of credit covenants in support of Business teams with regard to Annual Reviews and Watchlist
- Reinforce the Risk Management Culture by showing Risk Awareness principles to all Business Teams
This a fantastic opportunity to work for a well known and proven business.
Please contact Mark Lyons in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07790808904