Senior Credit Manager - Asset Finance
Salary to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is the asset finance subsidiary of a niche banking group and specialises in the provision of asset finance and leading facilities for the truck, trailer, bus, coach and specialist vehicles sectors.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Senior Credit Manager to lead and manage a credit team. The successful candidate will also hold an underwriting authority.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of credit papers for submission and presentation.
- Lead and manage the credit team through coaching, mentoring and developing staff through the conduct of regular 1:1s with direct reports and performance reviews
- Ensure an effective QA process is in place with constructive feedback / action plans to resolve identified concerns
- Support the development and delivery of new business initiatives though identification, assessment and mitigation of credit risks
- Encourage an open culture with regular two-way communication
- Provide guidance to the credit team and the wider business on credit policy and appetite
- Drive continuous improvement activity challenging processes and procedures to deliver optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Build effective relationships within businesses and the Bank and attend customer visits as and when required
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Ensure that team members complete online training as and when required and are kept updated with internal communications
- To support and assist the Head of Credit Management as and when required Deputise for the Head of Credit Management
The successful candidate must have solid and proven experience in underwriting a diverse range of assets across a wide credit spectrum.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.