Credit Underwriter - Asset Finance
£30,000 to £35,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is the asset finance subsidiary of a niche banking group and specialises in the provision of asset finance and leading facilities.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Junior Credit Underwriter to report to the Senior Credit Manager to be responsible for delivering timely credit decisions.
You will be responsible for:
- Underwriting new business applications and deliver timely credit decisions within SLA guidelines and in accordance with Credit policy
- Provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues where new business applications are above the Underwriter's credit mandate
- Ensure annual reviews are completed on time
- Preparation of credit papers for submission
- Support the development and delivery of new business initiatives though identification, assessment and mitigation of credit risks
- Drive continuous improvement activity challenging processes and procedures to deliver optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Build effective relationships within businesses and the Bank and attend customer visits as and when required
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Ensure that online training and regulatory reading is completed on time
- To support and assist the Senior Credit Manager as required
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at email@example.com.