Senior Business Analyst - Huddersfield - to £60k plus benefits.
Our client has experienced significant growth over recent years and are moving towards creating a PMO to support their future growth and strategic objectives of the company. They are recruiting a Senior Business Analyst to operate within their current Transformation team.
You will lead, manage and develop our existing BA team by providing support, guidance and mentoring that develops the individual BAs and creates value for the company as a whole.
Responsible for the discovery and scoping of business activities to identify opportunities for the business to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
Longer term you will create a business capability that moves the organisation into a culture of continuous improvement and best practice driving real value and evidential business benefit.
What you have to do
- Work with customers and senior stakeholders to shape and define programmes ahead of delivery (Analysis, Business case & benefits) ensuring effective communication throughout.
- Define the analysis framework, activities, roles and planning to align this against the deliverables from the wider business transformation.
- Ensure completion of the business requirement specifications to a high standard providing transparency & sign off by the business / product owner.
- Ensure all aspects of analysis at each phase are managed, traceable and testable, utilising standard frameworks and templates.
- Working with customers, developers and change team to ensure requirements are properly defined and delivered.
- Constructively challenge the effectiveness of current business processes with a view to introducing streamlined process ensuring value is being delivered to the business in the most optimum manner.
- Take an active role in team working, sharing best practice and providing support to colleagues.
- Manage Internal and Customer expectations.
Skills and experience
Key Values and Behaviours
- As a Senior Business Analyst you will have gathered requirements on a diverse range of business change / transformation projects with a strong background of investigating business requirements, problems and opportunities.
- Your stakeholder management and communication skills must be superb with the ability to build rapport quickly and ooze credibility when engaging with fellow peers, senior managers and the Board.
- You will have exceptional communication and influencing skills, able to bring stakeholder groups along with you on the journey. Responsible for the analysis of business capabilities and development of requirements at multiple levels within a project or programme to support the delivery of our Business Transformation.
- Excellent skills in leading and facilitating workshops and events; providing structure to enable groups to function effectively.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; confidence to deal with complex processes that deliver the overall strategy.
- An ability to work to within a team environment and to tight deadlines.
- Significant experience of people/line management, both directly and through matrix management.
- A self-starter who is highly organised, communicative, quick learner, and team oriented.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will have:
- A degree, professional qualification or significant professional experience in applying best practice methodologies successfully such as Lean or Six Sigma.